Tuesday, July 2, 2013

BEAN BURRITOS

Bean burritos are one of those childhood meals that I love. I don't know why, but I really loved it when my mom made these and they are one of my go-to "I have absolutely no time to cook" meals. It feels somewhat silly to be posting this as a recipe, because it isn't really anything more than heating up some beans and slapping them on a tortilla, but I'm putting it on here to serve as an idea resource. You can top them any way you choose.

serves 2-4

1 can Rosarita (or whatever brand you prefer) refried beans (I prefer the Traditional variety but Vegetarian is great too)
Taco seasoning, to taste (I use McCormick brand)
Splash of milk (optional)

Heat the beans and sprinkle on as much or as little taco seasoning as you like. I like to splash a little milk in for creaminess and sometimes I add shredded cheddar cheese to melt in as well. I top mine with shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, and hot sauce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment